We are constantly updating our calendar as events get added. Please check back frequently and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date.
- This event has passed.
Spartan Race: Minnesota Sprint & Kids Race | Welch Village
Jun 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
WELCH VILLAGE, WELCH MN
Spartans are taking over the Welch Village Ski Resort in Welch, Minnesota — located less than an hour outside the Twin Cities. This Spartan Sprint, covering 3-5 miles, promises to test racers with a good mixture of 20+ obstacles, challenging ski slopes and hills, and no shortage of early morning fog, mud, water, and wind. Make no mistake, even the bunny hills become quad-searing challenges.
The converted ski resort plays well into creating a tough course with wide pathways that allow Spartans to separate from the crowd as they sprint from obstacle to obstacle. Don’t miss out on the chance to take Welch Village’s natural beauty adorned with towering pine trees and rolling hills. For details and tickets visit: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/4487/overview
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Take advantage of a course that runs fast but completely prone to challenging weather and super slippery slopes.
2. Hike the surrounding area paths to loosen up those legs or get another workout in after the race.
3. Check out the Welch Village Ski Resort facilities and plan your next ski or snowboarding adventure.
4. Feeling unstoppable after your race? Head to Treasure Island where you will find a lively casino and an indoor pool.
5. Looking for a place to lay your head after a long weekend of racing? There are some nice options close by, including Country Inn & Suites, and the Round Barn Farm B&B. A homemade continental breakfast that includes fresh bread baked in an outdoor oven is included if you stay at the Farm, so you’ll get the chance to refuel and replace the calories you burned at your race.