We are constantly updating our calendar as events get added. Please check back frequently and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date.
- This event has passed.
Celebrate Earth Day: Hike the Bluff | Friends of the Bluffs
Apr 20, 2019 @ 5:30 am - 8:00 pm
Earth Day is an annual celebration with various events held to demonstrate support for the environment. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries.
In Red Wing, Friends of the Bluffs and various partners will be celebrating Earth Day by inviting everyone to “Hike the Bluff” and learning about what we can do to improve our air, water, and land. He Mni Can-Barn Bluff is one of the best-known features along the upper Mississippi River. The bluff is significant for its geology and its association with the exploration of the Upper Mississippi in the early nineteenth century. Culturally, the bluff has been important to the Prairie Island community. It is also important for its association with travel, industry, tourism and recreation from the mid-nineteenth century to the present day.
All activities start at the He Mni Can-Barn Bluff Trailhead. Please join us.
- 5:30 am – 8:00 pm – Self-Guided Hikes
- 5:30 am – 8:00 om – He Mni Can-Barn Bluff Bingo
- 5:30 am – 8:00 pm – Friends of the Bluffs Earth Day Troll Hunt
- 5:45 am – Ethos Sunrise Yoga on the East Overlook
- 8:00 am – He Mni Can-Barn Bluff Trail Fun Run
- 8:30 am – Ethos Sandbag Challenge
- 9:00-10:00 am – Park Naturalist Guided Hike
- 9:00-12:00 am – YMCA Camp Pepin Bouldering and Rock-Climbing Education
- 10:00-11:00 am – Goodhue County Historical Society Community Show & Tell
- 11:00 am-12:00 – University of Minnesota Raptor Center Program
- 11:30-1:00 pm – Citizens’ Climate Lobby Climb Up for Climate Hike and Picture
- 1:00-2:00 pm – University of Minnesota Raptor Center Program
- 1:00-3:00 pm – Red Wing Public Library Writers Ink Hike & Write
- 2:00-4:00 pm – He Mni Can-Barn Bluff Clean Up
Additional activities and programs may be added or scheduled program times may change. For an up-to-date schedule go to the Bluffs Happenings page of our website: www.redwingbluffs.org Celebrate Earth Day – Hike the Bluff is FREE and open to all. For more information, contact David Anderson at [email protected]